Monday, January 18, 2016

Strawberry Balsamic Jam

I love strawberry jam with almond butter on my toast. How can I make my own jam that doesn't drown in all that sugar. So this afternoon, I was reading Eating Purely (a cookbook that I won online recently), I found this wonderful strawberry balsamic jam recipe. I tried it today and immediately got hooked! It doesn't call for pectin. I am not against pectin but if I can avoid it the better.

Strawberry Balsamic Jam
by Eating Purely (Elizabeth Stein)

Ingredients:
1 lb. strawberries (fresh/frozen)
¼ cup coconut sugar
⅛ cup balsamic vinegar
½ tbsp chia seeds

Combine the strawberries, coconut sugar, balsamic vinegar, and chia seeds in a pot. Let it simmer for 30 minutes at low medium heat or until the juice is thickened. For smoother consistency, place in a blender or food processor when cooled. Store in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment